Monday, November 8, 2010

Math Education

If I was to recommend a website for math education I would suggest khanacademy.com. He has good clear lessons. No matter what level of math your studying khanacademy.com has a lesson for you.

Having found the discovering algebra and geometry books, I am looking forward to studying them and gain some understanding why students do not do well with this method. I like the idea of them discovering mathematical principles. I do wonder if there needs to be a more of a Singapore math foundation with a tiny amount of investigation. And start the discovering of items sooner.
We should consider increasing the school year. Start by adding an hour of school Mon to Thursday. Then we start school a week earlier and end it a week later. Not in order to do more but to allow a longer time to learn what we are teaching.

No comments: