Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shelfish

Mathew 7: 12 “In everything, therefore, [i]treat people the same way you want [j]them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" I find myself faced with a sense of guilt, because I will do this with wanting others do unto me. Earlier on the day I write this I gave person money for gas. In my head I wanted touch her, kiss her, among other fantasies. I gave her the money but did not touch. I want contact so badly, that part of my motive in giving the money was to have opportunity for contact. In listening to gossip, I had it in my mind that she might be willing. But she deserved to be given unconditional love. She needs to know she can feel love without anyone demanding something from her. Not treating her like with disrespect.
Hebrews 13:4-7
4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 [b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things
I need to recognize when others do something unto me and try to either pay it forward, or do unto them as they have done onto me. I need to take a hard look at what others do for me. I need to quit being so selfish.
I am lonely.
But I should endure loneliness as I help others. I should find those who are lonely and visit them. It’s why I should do meals on wheels.
I want human contact.
But I should not see my own desires, but deny my desires as I help others.
I need to work harder at making myself a person someone wants to touch and be with.
I should do unto others even if others don’t pay it back. I should not procrastinate in giving back as others gave to me.
God Forgive me.

No comments: